Somali President Hassan Sheikh Mohamud today made a major national economic council shake-up for the first time since its inception.
In a statement, President Hassan replaced the 9-member-committee which has been serving office for the past 5 years.
According to the statement, new members led by Hassan Adan Husow were appointed to work on the country’s economic reforms.
The members include:
1. Hasan Aden Hoosow, chief economic presidential advisor, and director general
2. Abdullahi Ali Abdi, Member
3. Kamaluddin Ahmed Sheikh, Member,
4. Adam Hussein Roble, Member
5. Nimco Mohamud Sakal, Member
6. Maluka Dheere Sheikh Abdulqadir, Member
7. Mahad Mohamed Sheikh Hassan, Member
8. Mohamed Osman Mohamud, Member
9. Abdisalaam Abdirahman Mohamed, Member
The National Economic Council was established on July 12, 2018, by the government led by the immediate former President Mohamed Abdullahi Farmaajo.
The Council was set up as an advisory council that supports the President and the government on the management of pertinent economic policy matters.
It will provide economic analysis and policy advice on the development and implementation of domestic and international economic policy issues. The council is also required to provide quarterly reports on its progress.